Effective date: May 20th, 2022
We respect your right to privacy and adhere to highest data protection standards.
Please read this document carefully. If you have any questions about our data protection practices, please contact us.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- TYPES AND PURPOSES OF PERSONAL DATA
- NON-PERSONAL DATA
- PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
- RETENTION PERIOD
- SHARING AND DISCLOSING DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
- TERM, TERMINATION, AND AMENDMENTS
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1.2 Data controller. Domaindish.com is owned, operated, and offered by Adventrum AB with a registered business address at KARLAVÄGEN 86, Stockholm, Stockholms län, 115 22 (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We act in the capacity of a data controller with regard to the personal data collected through Domaindish.com.
1.4 Children. Domaindish.com is not intended for use by children (i.e., persons who are minors in their country of residence). Therefore, we do not knowingly collect minors’ personal data.
2. TYPES AND PURPOSES OF PERSONAL DATA
When you use Domaindish.com, we collect only a minimal amount of personal data. Your personal data is used for specified and limited purposes. In this section, we explain what types of personal data we collect from you, for what purposes we use that data, and on what legal bases we rely when processing your personal data.
2.1 Types of personal data. We comply with data minimisation principles. Thus, we collect only a minimal amount of personal data that is necessary for your use of Domaindish.com. The list of the types of personal data that we collect from you is provided in section 2.3 below.
2.3 Overview of types and purposes of your personal data. The list below provides a detailed description of the types of personal data that we collect, the purposes for which we use it, and the legal bases on which we rely when processing your personal data.
- Seller account. When you create your seller account via the seller application form, we collect your name, email address, domain names that you own, and billing address. We use such personal data to register and maintain your user account, send you service-related notices, and maintain our business records. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘performing a contract’ and ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests’ (i.e., to administer our business).
- Seller support. When you request seller support by using the contact form available on Domaindish.com, we collect your username, email address, and any information that you decide to provide in your message. We use such data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with the requested information. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests’ (i.e., to grow and promote our business) and ‘your consent’ (for optional personal data).
- Consultation form. When you submit a request for a consultation, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and any information that you decide to provide in your message. We use such data to schedule your consultation, provide you with the requested information, and contact you, if necessary. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests’ (i.e., to grow and promote our business) and ‘your consent’ (for optional personal data).
- Contact form. When you contact us by using the contact form available on Domaindish.com, we collect your name, email address, and any information that you decide to provide in your message. We use such data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with the requested information. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests’ (i.e., to grow and promote our business) and ‘your consent’ (for optional personal data).
- Orders. When you place an order for your domain name, we collect your first name, last name, company name, address, phone number and email address. We use such data to process your orders, deliver you the products, send you updates regarding your order, and maintain our business records. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘performing a contract’ and ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests’ (i.e., to administer our business).
- Payments. When you make a payment, you will be requested to submit your financial account information (e.g., PayPal details or credit card details). Such information will be used to process your payments and maintain our accountancy records. Please note that we do not store your payment details and our third-party payment processors PayPal, Shopify, and local banks are responsible for handling all steps in the payment process. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘performing a contract’ and ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests’ (i.e., to administer our business).
- Live chat. When you contact us by using the live chat functionality available on Domaindish.com, we collect any information that you decide to provide in your message. We use such data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with the requested information. The legal basis on which we rely is ‘your consent’ (for optional personal data).
2.4 Sensitive data. The do not collect or use any special categories of personal data (“sensitive data”) from you, unless you decide, at your own discretion, to provide such data to us. Sensitive data is information that relates to your health, religious and political beliefs, racial origins, membership of a professional or trade association, or sexual orientation.
2.5 Refusal to provide personal data. If you refuse to provide us with your personal data when we ask to, we may not be able to perform the requested operation and you may not be able to use the full functionality of Domaindish.com, receive our services, or get our response. Please contact us immediately if you think that any personal data that we collect is excessive.
3. NON-PERSONAL DATA
When you use Domaindish.com, we receive some technical data for analytics purposes. In this section, we inform you what non-personal data we collect from you and for what purposes we use that data.
3.1 Log files and analytics data. In order to analyse your use of Domaindish.com, we collect and use third-party analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics) to automatically collect certain technical non-personal data (log files and analytics data) about your use of Domaindish.com. Such data does not allow us us to identify you in any manner. The non-personal data collected by us and third-party analytics providers includes the following information:
- Your activity on Domaindish.com;
- IP address in an anonymised form;
- Browser type;
- Internet service provider;
- Referring/exit pages;
- Date/time stamps;
- Device number;
- Device screen information; and
- Preferred language.
3.2 Your feedback. If you contact us, we may keep records of any questions, complaints, recommendations, or compliments made by you and the response. Where possible, we will de-identify your personal data (i.e., we will remove all personal data that is not necessary for keeping such records).
3.3 Purposes of non-personal data. We will use non-personal data for the following purposes:
- To analyse what kind of users use Domaindish.com;
- To examine the relevance, popularity, and engagement rate of Domaindish.com;
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse;
- To develop and provide additional features to Domaindish.com; and
- To personalise Domaindish.com for your specific needs.
3.4 Aggregated and de-identified data. In case your non-personal data is combined with certain elements of your personal data in a way that allows us to identify you, we will handle such aggregated data as personal data. If your personal data is aggregated or de-identified in a way that it can no longer be associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, it will not be considered personal data and we may use it for any business purpose.
4. PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
From time to time, you may receive promotional messages from us. Below, we explain when you may receive such notices from us and what you can do to decline our promotional messages.
4.1 Newsletters. We may send you a newsletter to keep you updated about the latest developments related to Domaindish.com, our new services, additional features of Domaindish.com that we introduce, and special offers. You will receive our newsletters in the following instances:
- If we receive your express (“opt-in”) consent to receive marketing messages (please note that your voluntary subscription for our newsletters substitutes such consent); or
- We decide to send you information about our new products or services that are closely related to the products or services already used by you.
4.2 Opting-out. You can opt-out from receiving marketing messages at any time free of charge by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in any of the newsletters sent to you or by contacting us directly.
4.3 Informational notices and updates. From time to time, we may send you important informational notices, such as service-related, technical or administrative emails, your privacy and security, and other administrative matters. Please note that we will send such notices on an “if-needed” basis and they do not fall within the scope of direct marketing communication that requires your prior consent.
4.4 Interest-based advertising. You may encounter targeted interest-based advertising that is generated on the basis of your use of Domaindish.com and other websites. You can control how such advertisements are shown to you or opt-out from targeted advertising by consulting the guide powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance available at https://youradchoices.com. For more information on opting-out from advertising features on your device, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org .
5. RETENTION PERIOD
We store your personal data for the time period it is necessary for its purposes. In this section, we specify the retention periods for your personal and non-personal data stored in our systems.
5.3 Retention as required by law. In instances when we are obliged by law to store your personal data for certain period of time (e.g., for business records purposes), we will store your personal data for the time period stipulated by the applicable law and delete the personal data as soon as the required retention period expires.
6. SHARING AND DISCLOSING DATA
We cooperate with external service providers and share some personal data with them. In this section, you can find information about third parties that have access to your personal data and the instances when we make data transfers.
6.1 Disclosure to data processors. If necessary, we will disclose your personal data to the service providers with whom we cooperate (our data processors). For example, we may share your personal and non-personal data with entities that provide certain technical support services to us, such as hosting and email distribution services. We do not sell your personal data to third parties. The disclosure is limited to the situations when such data is required for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the proper operation of Domaindish.com;
- Ensuring the delivery of services requested by you;
- Providing you with the requested information;
- Pursuing our legitimate business interests;
- Enforcing our rights, preventing fraud, and security purposes;
- Carrying out our contractual obligations;
- Law enforcement purposes; or
- If you provide your prior consent to such a disclosure.
- Our hosting and cloud storage service provider AWS (https://aws.amazon.com) located in the United States;
- Our email marketing service provider Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com) located in the United States;
- Our live chat service provider 3CX (https://www.3cx.com/wp-live-chat/) located in the United States;
- Our email service provider Google (https://gmail.com) located in the United States;
- Our analytics service providers Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/) located in the United States; and
- Our advertising network Google Adsense (https://www.google.com/adsense/start/) located in the United States.
6.3 Disclosure of non-personal data. Your non-personal data may be disclosed to third parties for any purpose. For example, we may share it with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, for improving Domaindish.com, responding to lawful requests from public authorities or developing new products and services.
6.4 Legal requests. If requested by a public authority, we will disclose information about the users of Domaindish.com to the extent necessary for pursuing a public interest objective, such as national security or law enforcement.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be transferred outside the country where you reside. In this section, we explain when we transfer personal data abroad and what safeguards we implement to ensure that your personal is properly protected.
8. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We strive to ensure that your personal data is kept safe and secure. In this section, we inform you about our measures that help us to protect your personal data.
8.1 Security measures. We implement organisational and technical information security measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure. The security measures taken by us include secured networks, SSL protocol, strong passwords, limited access to your personal data by our staff, and anonymisation of personal data (when possible). In order to ensure the security of your personal data, you are requested to use Domaindish.com through a secure network only.
8.2 Security breaches. Although we put our best efforts to protect your personal data, given the nature of communications and information processing technology and the Internet, we cannot be liable for any unlawful destruction, loss, use, copying, modification, leakage, and falsification of your personal data caused by circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control. In case a serious breach occurs, we will take reasonable measures to mitigate the breach, as required by the applicable law. Our liability for any security breach will be limited to the highest extent permitted by the applicable law.
9. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to control how we process your personal data. Below, we list the rights that you can exercise with regard to your personal data and explain how you can exercise those rights.
9.1 The list of your rights. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may ask us to:
- Get a copy of your personal data that we store;
- Get a list of purposes for which your personal data is processed;
- Rectify inaccurate personal data;
- Move your personal data to another processor;
- Delete your personal data from our systems;
- Object and restrict processing of your personal data;
- Withdraw your consent, if you have provided one; or
- Process your complaint regarding your personal data.
9.2 How to exercise your rights? If you would like to exercise any of your rights listed in section 9.1, please contact us by using the contact form available at https://Domaindish.com/help/#message and explain in detail your request. In order to verify the legitimacy of your request, we may ask you to provide us with an identifying piece of information, so that we would be able to identify you in our system. We will answer your request within a reasonable time frame but no later than 2 weeks.
9.3 Complaints. If you would like to launch a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal data, we kindly ask you to contact us first and express your concerns. After you contact us, we will investigate your complaint and provide you with our response as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
10. TERM, TERMINATION, AND AMENDMENTS